Schroders has increased the percentage of China A-shares seven of its Asia-focused funds can invest in to capitalise on increased opportunities in the market.
According to a shareholder note seen by Citywire Selector, the changes were first announced at the very end of December 2017 and will come into effect from February 1 2018.
All seven funds had previously been able to invest ‘up to 10%’ of their assets in China A-shares through the Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect and the Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect. However, in a bid to increase flexibility, this will now be termed ‘less than 30%’ of assets.
It impacts the following funds:
- Schroder ISF Asian Equity Yield
- Schroder ISF Asian Opportunities
- Schroder ISF Asia Pacific Cities Real Estate
- Schroder ISF Asian Smaller Companies
- Schroder ISF Asian Total Return
- Schroder ISF Global Smaller Companies
- Schroder ISF Hong Kong Equity
Schroders said the overarching investment policies of the funds remain the same despite the increased investable universe.