The rising rate environment is posing a fresh range of challenges for even the most hardened fixed income veteran, so what tools, tactics or longer-term strategies should investors employ?
Citywire Selector gathered a panel of expert investors together in Zurich at the end of 2017, which comprised of leading names from fund selection, consulting and institutional investing to uncover new and innovative ways to address the current market.
Also offering insights was Rose Ouahba, head of international fixed income at Carmignac, who shared frontline experience of trying to find yield in a low growth world and what potential problems may lie ahead.
The attendees in full were:
- Alex Jaloux, fund analyst, Credit Suisse
- Andrea Guzzi, vice director, IST Investmentstiftung
- Michel Canoy, head of fixed income fund management, Rothschild Bank
- Rose Ouahba, head of international fixed income, Carmignac
- Dominique Grandchamp, head of investment consulting, Aon
- Martin Bürki, founder, martInvestments