Contending with limited yield, inflationary pressures and the continued challenges of central bank intervention, bond investors are having to look beyond traditional fixed income approaches.
Citywire Selector canvassed a range of top-rated fixed income fund managers to hear what is turning the screws and which areas of investment aren't proving as problematic for the year ahead.
We hear from the following top managers:
- Bill Adams, chief investment officer for global fixed income at MFS
- Anthony Smouha, CEO, founder and portfolio manager at Atlanticomnium
- Steve Drew, head of emerging market credit at Janus Henderson Global Investors
- John Taylor, senior portfolio manager at AllianceBernstein
- Mark Dowding, co-head of investment grade at BlueBay Asset Management
The panel of experienced senior bond managers were each asked the same six questions measuring current market sentiment in the fixed income universe.
From inflation expectations through to liquidity lessons, we gauged what was keeping them up at night and where were they keeping calm despite growing market noise.
This article first appeared in the Bonds & Beyond Citywire Selector magazine in January 2018.